Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Favorite Game

If I had to choose a favorite game, it would be basketball. Since i was a kid, I loved watching the NCAA tournament and my favorite college teams compete. Then once i got to high school, I actually tried out for the school basketball team and made it! I was so excited and I grew to love it even more. I finally understood the underlying principles of it, what it took to be good at it, the strategies players use to be advantageous over their opponents, and how to be a true team player. It not only is physically helpful, but it helps to build character to become a man. My coaches always emphasized it was not always about winning but trying your hardest, playing hard, keeping your head up, and become a man. Also, betting on the NCAA tournament has become a fun competition where you can talk crap to your friends which i enjoy haha :) I still like to play recreational games because its fun to see how rusty my skills have gotten since the end of the high school season. I hope to continue playing at the gym and participate in fun leagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment